Teeth Whitening – Uniontown, PA
Erase Years’ Worth of Stubborn Tooth Stains
When you look at pictures of your younger self, do your teeth appear duller than they used to? If you picture a youthful smile in your mind, odds are you envision a bright set of pearly whites. Unfortunately, teeth tend to become discolored as the years go by, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with yellow, older-looking teeth forever. Edward L. Witek, Jr., DMD, MAGD offers professional teeth whitening in Uniontown, PA as a way of helping you erase years’ worth of stubborn tooth stains. Contact us today to learn how our team can help you restore a youthful, confident smile!
Why Choose Edward L. Witek, Jr., DMD, MAGD for Teeth Whitening?
- Cosmetic Dentist with 40+ Years of Experience
- Master of the Academy of General Dentistry
- In-Office & Take-Home Teeth Whitening Solutions Available
Why Do Teeth Stain?
Enamel (the whitish outer layer of the teeth) naturally thins as a person ages, exposing more of the yellower layer of dentin underneath it. While enamel thinning is a major cause of discolored teeth, plenty of other things can also result in tooth stains, such as:
- Frequent consumption of highly pigmented foods and drinks like coffee, wine, chocolate, and tomato sauce
- Tobacco use
- Bruxism – a condition where you habitually grind your teeth while sleeping, accelerating wear and tear of the enamel
- Certain medications
- Failure to regularly visit a dentist for cleanings
- Poor oral hygiene at home
No matter the cause of your tooth stains, we offer two types of Opalescence teeth whitening to help you attain a brighter smile.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
If you’d like to achieve dramatic results in a short period of time, you may benefit from our in-office teeth whitening treatment. Dr. Witek will apply a bleaching gel to your teeth that is several times more potent than any whitening product you can find in stores or online. The gel permeates the enamel, removing stains above as well as beneath the surface. Once the gel is wiped off, the stains come right off with it. This treatment often takes less than an hour to complete!
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
Maybe you’d rather brighten your smile in the comfort of your own home. In that case, our team can create a convenient take-home teeth whitening kit. We’ll capture impressions of your teeth, using the molds to design trays that fit your unique mouth. Simply fill the trays with our powerful bleaching gel and wear them for about 30 minutes per day. Most patients achieve their ideal results after using the trays daily for about two weeks.
How to Make Your Teeth Whitening Results Last
No teeth whitening treatment can deliver permanent results, but there are things you can do to keep your smile bright for as long as possible. Some of these include:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day (and using a whitening toothpaste once or twice a week)
- Flossing every day to prevent plaque from building up and causing yellow stains
- Visiting us for a dental checkup and cleaning every six months
- Quitting smoking/chewing tobacco
- Limiting your consumption of discoloring foods and beverages
- Sipping staining drinks through a straw to minimize their exposure to the teeth